The PL Plan

    Monday 5 January 2015


    Yep, I have a plan - I know right - weird I never have a plan - Dad says "When are you coming to visit?" and I say oh I don't know whenever - he loves to plan - he's notorious for it but me - I rarely plan (well except at work off course - when I always have a plan.)

    So here is the 2015 PL  plan inspiration for thick came from Ali Edwards whom is and probably has always been my favourite scrapbooker and a post that I saw on her website linking to a blog by Leslie ann Harvey that you can read here

    Before we begin let me say my plan does not involve any 12x12 pages - I am not a fan, find them too big - yes I often scrap in 12x12 but that is more out of habit and lack of supplies 13 years ago when I first started - the reality is - it is really only the last 5-7 years that you have been easily able to get different sizes - to prove that I have a falling apart A4 Coral Coast album from before that because it was absolutely all I could find. So to internet shopping(read international) I say thank you for the choice.

    And because of international shopping (oopse internet) I am using 9x12 - at the moment though it is waiting in a new school album that I have  for my girls - it is Navy Blue - I love it but I am guessing since most of my PL albums are black that is what I will choose although white and clean slate are seriously tempting.

    And because I have a bunch of left over page protectors that is what I am using - most of them originally 12x12 cut down and sewn shut if needed. (because my sewing machine only works on paper and plastic).

    I decided ages ago that since I had a bunch of page protectors left over with vertical photo slots I would try and use some of them this year - BH design w was my favourite this year but rather annoyingly it was only sold in packs with x, y and z.... so you'll see them featured. And yes I am starting a campaign for w in packs by itself - or at least all the same direction page protectors (e.g all 4x6 and 3x4 pockets not 6x4 and 4x3)

    So here is some of what I pulled out:
    And of course some design H/ design A cut down.

    Title page:

    I started  with design Z to make my title page:



    I loved how fun and easy to use the title page protector was to use  so I decided to keep going and use that style protector with my plan. (And yes for the record the 2015 is a photograph of the stamp that I converted and cut with my silhouette - my work around.)

    The Plan:

    Section 1 

    Comes straight from here - exactly the same because I love it - the monthly title page - similar to what I ended up with last year.

    Section 2

    Also straight from Leslie Ann Harvey's post down to the same pp for now- well mostly I love it but it is the only part I haven't really though out.

    Section 3 

    Now here's where it gets a bit different, I decided what was important to me was a brief highlight of each week - similar to the journalling cards I did in PL this year - since I love that and across a year stuff can change and these events may not find there way into section 4 or 5.

    Section 4

    And then we are back to Leslie Ann Harvey's post similar to her section 5 but I may have used different page protectors. Which I think she described as a scaled down version of week in the life but I view it more as a typical week of my project life.

    Section 5

    And last but not least is the Around here section - based on this story stamp content. You can get digital stamps too here I think it was actually called prompts - I have to say it continues to be my favourite one so far.
    And this month most of those pockets will be devoted to my gorgeous niece who turns 3 and just incase you think I am exaggerating:

    They don't come much cuter....

    And that pretty much wraps up this very long post (with loads of links in it)

    If you were paying attention and didn't just skim over it  like I would you'd know there is half a page protector missing between section 3 and 4 - the front side of design X - I don't really have a plan for it but am thinking of some of my favourites quotes or moments that son't fit elsewhere like this one today when E was singing "I wish that I could be like the cool kids" whilst wearing my grey jumper and A said "How do you even know that song" and E replied "you sing it A" - Of Course A sings it because her boyfriend sings it because he loves it - and me I don't even know what song it is.

    If you made it to here.... congratulations in my long history of erratic blogging this is the second longest post (I think).

    3 Responses to “The PL Plan”

    1. Best of luck this year. It looks like you have a great plan. I love seeing people blog about 9x12! I am have been interested in this size, but am too OCD to change album sizes (even though I know it's kind of silly). Your title page is gorgeous. Love the "twenty fifteen."

      Happy 2015!

      Emily at www.trooperandbee.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks… yeah I get bored easily, like to switch it up but keep it routine too - I know that makes no sense.

        Delete
    2. Beautiful title page and I am happy you wrote a lovely and long blog post because now I know that I need to try out Design Y ( I did not even know BH made those!) And, your niece is GORGEOUS. Seriously, why could I not have been blessed with beautiful curls like hers??

      ReplyDelete